Self study Course
Move from Fear to Action!
All from the convenience of studying in your own home or workplace – on your own time and at your own pace!
You’ll love this self-directed training program designed to stretch your thinking and deliver practical tools to help you look at conflict as the opportunity that it truly is.
This e-course comes in 10 easy to read modules where you learn the Tough Conversations system with actionable, practical steps.
The e-course also comes with a free, personalized one-on-one telephone coaching session with me -valid for up to 10 weeks after registering for the self-study course.
Cost: $97.00 plus applicable tax
“You facilitated the best, most effective conflict course I have taken thus far in my career. Making difficult conversations great….use it everyday!” – Lara Gregory, Program Coordinator
Does this sound like you?
- Do you avoid tough conversations like the plague?
- Would you rather get a root canal than have a tough conversation?
- Do you find yourself facing tough conversations over and over again – sometimes a few times a day?
Then you know that tough conversations usually don’t go away by themselves – in fact, they often get worse the longer you leave them!
Continual tough conversations also wear people down, causing:
- trouble sleeping
- upset stomachs
- crying at times we don’t want to
- losing hair and even eyebrows
Why do so many of us either avoid tough conversations or mess them up so badly that they continue to come back again and again?
“The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them” –Albert Einstein
There is significant risk in bringing up and working through tough conversations: how you deal with them makes all the difference!
As Einstein said: “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”
Many people think they can’t do anything differently, so don’t even bother.
There is a way to move from that dark, hopeless place to more productive, and useful conversations!
“New tools to use without further training needed.” – Roland Guenther, Participant
Making Tough Conversations Great offers a convenient self-study e-course delivered to your e-mail in-box every week – taking you through the key steps you need to transform those stress-producing conversations into productive ones.
In this self-coaching e-course, you will build a framework to enhance any tough conversation, and a model for how to navigate through it. You will be given tools to help prepare you to make those though conversations great!
Having the e-course come into your in-box week after week for 10 weeks will ensure that this topic will get your attention and that you will be able to dive into it more fully! Each module is bite-sized and yet also reinforces the learning each week.
You will also receive access to a dedicated facebook group, to share your concerns and celebrations and get more support!
The e-course investment is $97.00 plus applicable tax.
Includes 10 modules PLUS one personalized telephone coaching session with the instructor.
“Tough Conversations e-Course gave me some direction on how to have my conversations (one due) and tools.”
-B.V., Participant of Tough Conversations
This is a ONE TIME payment. There will be NO re-billing.
Do you have similar complaints?
- “Rarely a week goes by that is completely free of the need for difficult conversations.”
- “S/he isn’t listening to me.”
- “As a manager, I have difficult conversations regularly.”
- “Having difficult discussions continues to be an ongoing part of my job.”
- “I have to talk to staff about performance – like one who is an excellent worker but whose language offends other people.”
Let me introduce myself. My name is Julia Menard, and I’ve been learning, coaching, teaching, and mediating tough conversations for almost 20 years now. I have a Certificate in both Negotiation and Mediation from the Justice Institute of B.C., been published in national magazines, and been on the teaching team for Royal Roads University and the Justice Institute of B.C. My clients have included hospitals, government (municipal, provincial and federal levels of government), non-profits (from front-line workers to Executive Directors) and more!
Through these experiences, I’ve seen everything – the traps and pitfalls that make tough conversations worse as well as the tips and principles that turn though conversations into blessings!
When you sign up for Making Tough Conversations Great – you’ll be benefiting from those years of learning, trial and error, and other people’s input on what works!
You will discover secrets like:
- Using a framework to prepare for your tough conversation before the conversation even starts!
- Thinking through the risks and benefits of bringing up the conversation – from your point of view – and from theirs!
- Creating a strategy to manage yourself so you can “strengthen your container” and keep yourself more resourced.
- Separating your facts from your (often unconscious) put-downs and negative assumptions about those facts!
- Linking how each party feels to what you need.
- Winning yourself a hearing!
The Top Five Benefits in taking this e-Course:
- Decrease your stress associated with the prospect of having the tough conversation.
- Increase your confidence by learning how to engage the tough conversations productively.
- Create better relationships.
- Prevent small conflicts from growing into mountains.
- Strengthen your leadership skills in modeling how to deal with issues.
“This course helps to take the fear out of tough conversations.” -Participant of Tough Conversations
If it’s part of your job to have tough conversations, this e-Course will enable you to feel comfortable, confident and productive.
“Lots of great nuggets about how to approach / perceive a tough conversation.” -Participant of Tough Conversations
If you are still wondering if this course is for you, remember this self-coaching e-Course helps you to:
- Enhance your professional skills
- Have more productive conversations
- Create better outcomes at your workplace
- Have happier people working under you, with you and above you!
- You are going to add value and look to your bosses – not only are you looking good but you are making your bosses look good!
More benefits include:
Reflective: the week to week nature of the program allows you to think about what you are learning, absorb it at your own pace, and reflect on specific questions.
Flexible: you decide when you want to work on your modules. We do recommend you pace yourself with approximately 30 minutes set aside once a week to read one module and do the journaling homework.
“It won’t make a difference if only I learn these skills. The other person needs to learn them!”
“The tipping point is that magic moment when an idea, trend, or social behaviour corsses a threshold, tips, and spreads like wildfire.” -Malcolm Gladwell, The Tipping Point
“My boss won’t pay for this. It’s not worth taking on my work time.”
That might be the case; then again, many people have been sponsored to take communication and collaborative negotiation skills to strengthen their ability to do their job. A good tip I’ve learned from my clients is to plan ahead and ask for communication courses as part of your annual performance planning and professional development planning work. You won’t know unless you try!
Investing in this e-Course will be cheaper and less costly in dollars and human resources than going through conflict resolution / sick days to avoid toxic situations at work. You don’t want to get so bad it goes to arbitration when it could have been nipped in the bud early.
So, if you want your workplace to sponsor you, this information can help you in preparing for your tough conversation.
“Collaborative negotiating skills like this should be like taking CPR – required by all with refreshers mandatory once a year!” -Participant of Tough Conversations
“Extremely valuable. Amazingly helpful info and practical wisdom.” -H.F., Participant of Tough Conversations
P.S. With Making Tough Conversations Great, you will learn the techniques to creating high quality conversations that can change your life! You are going to learn techniques that are used by mediators and collaborative negotiators the world over. I’ve simplified and tailored the process specifically for those who want to make their own tough conversations great.
One time investment of $97 (+ applicable tax) – e-course PLUS one coaching session (by phone).
The e-course emails will begin the day following your purchase. If you register after 4:59pm PST, the emails will begin 2 days following.
Phone: 250–381–7522 • E-mail: email@example.com